MKTE is the largest travel expo in East Africa, offering the ideal platform for B2B meetings between leading African products and top-producing global buyers.
MKTE is the flagship of Kenya’s Tourism Week. Tourism events start with World Tourism Day celebrations and include an exciting line-up of activities for the tourism trade, media and hosted buyers. Attendees come from key tourism source markets in North America, UK, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and Africa.
Highlights of MKTE 2017:
- Very high satisfaction rates for exhibitors and buyers with many participants calling this the best MKTE to date
- 44% growth in exhibitor numbers
- Recruitment of top-quality buyers according to stringent evaluation
- FAM trips highlighting 14 different parts of Kenya
- 44 trade partners participating in the extensive hosting programme
- Highly effective matchmaking system delivering over 4600 actual meetings at the expo
- Strong seminar programme with top experts
- Introduction of new features including the Heavenly Treasures Masai market and Carnivore’s Nyama Choma
- KTB’s 20 year anniversary at the Official Opening Party
- Global commitment for Kenya as a leading destination