Hosted Buyer Application
Welcome to Magical Kenya Travel Expo 2017
We invite you to complete the application for consideration on our hosting programme. MKTE offers an extensive hosted buyer programme which includes networking functions, access to the hosted buyer lounge and hosted pre-show familiarisation trips.
MKTE is one of the fastest growing tourism events in the region and is currently positioned as the leading travel trade fair in East Africa. It aims at raising the profile of the destination Kenya and the region as a whole.
Kenya Tourism Board has appointed international exhibition and events management company, On Show Solutions, as the exhibition management company to grow Kenya Tourism Board’s flagship event over the next five years.
We have some exciting initiatives for MKTE 2017 and 2018 including a high impact matchmaking programme for exhibitors and hosted buyers, greater involvement from DMCs and operators for hosted buyer fam trips and more experiential exhibits to highlight the region.
To apply as a hosted buyer, please complete the below information and ensure that your details are captured correctly for ease of communication moving forward. Please complete all the required fields as indicated below.
MKTE’s evaluation committee may request additional information to verify your application. This information will be reviewed confidentially and will not be shared with other parties. Telephonic interviews may be required.
Applicants should fall into one of the following categories:
- Inbound tour operator
- Inbound DMC
- Independent travel agent
- Incentive buyer
- Online booking company
To qualify as a hosted buyer, you must meet the following criteria that has been set by the evaluation committee of MKTE:
- Your organisation currently includes, or has future plans to include new products, partners and experiences in Africa in your brochures or tour itineraries;
- You, personally, have purchasing authority to include new products in your offering, and have permission from your employer to travel;
- You have not previously / recently been hosted at MKTE (preference will be given to new buyers);
- Your country is included in Kenya’s list of priority focus markets;
- You are prepared to pay 50% of your international flight.
Please note: All applications need to be completed in English. Those applications which are not completed in English will be disregarded. Any interviews will take place via telephone in English. If you are not the final decision maker, you may be asked to provide the contact information for this person.