The venue for all seminars is the Conference Room of the event venue.
Please register online to attend, by clicking on the registration links provided.
Only badged MKTE 2022 attendees will be allowed to attend the event.
Space is limited, book soon to secure your place.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Panel 1: Airline & Air Access
Wednesday 5 October 2022, 12h00 – 13h00
Headwinds, Tailswinds and Crosswinds
Join us for a conversation with industry specialists as we discuss Airline & Air Access.
Air transport lies at the heart of global business and tourism, and due to the financial crises caused by the COVID pandemic air access has become expensive and in some instances difficult.
Hosted by Captain Gilbert Kibe, panellists will share their views on how we combat this as an industry, what to expect when travelling post-pandemic and what destinations can do to make travel easier for tourism
Karanja Ndegwa – Jambojet CEO
Hendrik Abraham du Preez – Qatar Airways
Abderahmane Berthe – Secretary General AFRAA
Alicia Taljaard – Sales & Operations Manager – Rovos Rail
Martin Gitonga – Kenya Airways
Power Panel 2: Sustainability and Inclusive Tourism
Wednesday 5 October, 15h00 – 16h00
Sustainability and inclusive travel have become buzz words, how are in the travel industry working towards making this a reality rather than just a marketing ploy.
Moderated by Dir Julius Kipng’etich
• H.E Mrs Giovanni Valverde Stark – Ambassador, Costa Rica
• Dr David Chiawo -Dean of School of Tourism and Hospitality, Strathmore University.
• Elizabeth Wathuti-Founder of the Green Generation Initiative
• Dr Mohanjeet Brar-Managing Director Gamewatchers Safaris
• Julius Mbura- Inable Africa
Power Panel 3: E-Travel: Proudly sponsored by Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB)
Thursday 6 October 2022, 11h00 – 12h00
Catch this power panel if you want to gain insights whilst leading heads of eCommerce, Customer Experience and Digital Marketing engage in conversation and share their practical learnings on technology in the areas of marketing and distribution and the impact of advancing and expanding digitization and automation in the travel industry.
Moderator: Andrew Waititu-Leapfrog
• Mike Tavares – CEO , Ojima
• Stuart Morgan – Business Development Lead, Expedia
• Wiinfred Onyancha – KCB
Mastercard Seminar – “Innovation and Digitization – Building the future of Tourism”
Thursday 6 October, 13h00 – 14h00
Join us for an insightful discussion on enabling a more resilient, sustainable, and inclusive tourism sector through innovation and digitalization.
• Winnie Maru – CEO, Tembea Africa Tours & Travel
• David Gonahasa – Co-Founder, Tripesa
• Mike Macharia – CEO, The Kenya Association of Hotelkeepers and Caterers
Power Panel 4: Future of tourism & it’s resilience: Proudly sponsored by ResRequest™
Thursday 6 October, 14h00 – 15h00
The future of tourism is starting to look bright once again!
Dr Shem Maingi – Kenyatta University, steers what promises to be an insightful power panel unpacking what the tourism industry has learnt from COVID that will make the it more resilient when other such crises occur acknowledging the new formed consumer expectations, understanding these travel expectations and new travel trends that have emerged as a result.
- Dickson Kaelo – CEO Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association (KWCA)
- Nthando Bengu – Business Development Manager, ResRequest ™
- Shehryar Ali – Country Manager East Africa (Mastercard)
- Loic Amado – Emboo River Camp