Trade Visitor Criteria
We look forward to welcoming you to MKTE 2017!
MKTE is one of the fastest growing tourism events in the region and is currently positioned as the leading travel trade fair in East Africa. It aims at raising the profile of the destination Kenya and the region as a whole.
Kenya Tourism Board has appointed international exhibition and events management company, On Show Solutions, as the exhibition management company to grow KTB’s flagship event over the next five years.
Trade visitors are classified as regional (East Africa), Africa or international visitors.
The organisers of MKTE 2017 will review all applications before approval is granted to ensure that all trade visitors and hosted buyers qualify as part of the travel trade. You will be notified of the status of your application within 10 days.
Approved trade visitors are welcome to attend the expo on all three trade days.
We have an impressive line-up of exhibitors for you to meet including tour operators, hoteliers, safari experiences and tourism boards. You can also enjoy our extensive events and seminar programme for additional networking and education.
You may be requested to provide additional supporting information about your company. The organisers reserve the right to decline an application should the details supplied not meet the participation criteria. We suggest that you wait for official confirmation of attendance before making any travel, accommodation and business meeting arrangements.
Please complete one application per person.
Trade visitor fees
Daily visitors : US$50 per day
Three day show pass: US$100
Sellers may attend the expo as Roaming Exhibitors, however you will not be able to distribute any marketing material or disrupt any meetings to promote your product. Should you wish to have access to the matchmaking system to benefit from pre-scheduled appointments with hosted buyers and trade visitors, we suggest you rather apply as a main stand holder or a sharing exhibitor. We are happy to discuss these options further with you so you maximise your time at the expo. Approved roaming exhibitors are welcome to attend the expo on all three trade days.
Roaming exhibitor fees
Daily visitors : US$100 per day
Three day show pass: US$300
Apply as a hosted buyer
Trade visitors may request to be considered for the hosting programme. MKTE offers an extensive hosted buyer programme which includes networking functions, access to the hosted buyer lounge and hosted pre-show familiarisation trips.
Approved hosted buyers and exhibitors are entered into an online matchmaking system to facilitate pre-scheduled appointments throughout the duration of MKTE. Make sure you register early to benefit from this feature.
To qualify as a hosted buyer, you must meet the following criteria that has been set by the evaluation committee of MKTE:
- Your organisation currently includes, or has future plans to include new products, partners and experiences in Africa in your brochures or tour itineraries;
- You, personally, have purchasing authority to include new products in your offering, and have permission from your employer to travel;
- You have not previously / recently been hosted at MKTE (preference will be given to new buyers);
- Your country is included in Kenya’s list of priority focus markets;
- You are prepared to pay 50% of your international flight.
MKTE Admissions Policy
- Visitors must be involved in the tourism industry or have a direct affiliation to the industry.
- MKTE is a trade show designed for the travel trade, general consumers are unable to attend.
- Children under the age of 16 are unable to come into the expo.
- Pre-registered MKTE visitors, visitors who register on the day with a tourism business card and exhibitor badge holders are welcome to attend MKTE. People without official badges will not be allowed entry to the expo.
- Badge holders may not give their badges to other people to gain free entry. Failure to comply with these regulations is likely to lead to the badge holder and the person wearing the badge being removed from MKTE.
- Any people obtaining a MKTEvisitor or exhibitor badge by theft, deception or other illegal means may be asked to leave the expo.
- Attendees should carry an official form of photographic identification, which the organisers may ask to see.
- Visitors are required to wear suitable business dress or traditional/cultural attire.
- MKTE attendeesmay not distribute leaflets/brochures in the aisles or disrupt official meetings to sell their product. Any people wearing offensive clothing or involved in disruptive activities may be asked to leave the expo.
- Media representatives are required to carry official media accreditation, which the organisers may ask to see. Media badges are restricted to editors, journalists, publishers, photographers, broadcasters and web bloggers associated with the tourism industry.
- Advertising personnel and media sales representatives will not qualify for media accreditation and should rather apply as roaming exhibitors.
- Trade visitors and buyers consent to MKTE photographers/videographers taking photographs and filming videos. The organisers are entitled to use this footage for future marketing purposes without liability for compensation.
- MKTE organisers adhere to international standards for safety and security. All attendees at MKTE are required to comply with these requirements.